Advocacy & Education
Join us and help create the world our girls deserve.
Become an advocate for girls and speak up on their behalf.
Girls Inc. knows that democracy is stronger when more voices are heard and everyone is engaged.
Be the first to know when your voice is needed.
Tell your elected officials that girls matter.
“Girls Inc. taught me how to be unapologetically me and how to hone my skills to effectuate positive change.”
Advocate on the issues that matter most to girls.
We translate our work with girls into powerful advocacy to improve opportunities for girls to succeed and lead healthy, educated, and independent lives. We encourage you to refer to the various resources available below when advocating for girls and young people.
National Policy and Advocacy Platform
We drive policies and practices that open doors to girls and ensure equality. We engage in advocacy that focuses on the needs of girls from low-income communities and girls facing challenges such as those based on sex, race, religion, ethnicity, immigration status, disability, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Equitable Access to Education
- Reform school discipline policies and practices.
- Increase access to postsecondary education.
- Improve access for girls and other underrepresented groups to meaningful opportunities to pursue all career paths, including in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Increase funding for out-of-school learning and mentoring opportunities.
Voting Rights and Civic Education
- Promote high quality, sustained civic education in schools, for grades K-12.
- Support free and fair elections.
- Promote policies that make it easier for people to register to vote.
- Protect the rights of communities that have historically been excluded from freely voting.
Mental Health Resources
Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Increase access to mental health and wellness support for students in underserved communities.
- Combat the persistent stigma surrounding mental health issues and treatment.
Nothing is more powerful than when girls speak up for themselves. We’re building a national network of youth advocates – passionate girls who are Strong, Smart, and Bold.
Teen Advocacy Councils
Teen Advocacy Councils (TAC) are leadership bodies made up of 10-12 Girls Inc. high school students that aim to promote girl-led advocacy within our network. Members are selected for their demonstrated commitment to advancing the rights of all girls. Both at Girls Inc. National and Affiliates, TACs give their members the opportunity to identify and engage on issues important to them in their communities.
TACs advise and inform our advocacy by sharing their life experiences and their views about issues facing girls in their communities. They spend a year learning about the issues that matter to them, acquiring the skills needed to impact lasting change in their communities, and putting their learning to work through engagement with policy leaders and hands-on lobbying.
Featured Blogs by our TAC Members
TAC Members Make Change
Read how our Teen Advocacy Councils members are shaping their communities and the world around them.
Read more Advocacy & Education blogs and stay informed.