1. Tell a girl she's great because of what she does and not because of how she looks.
2. Tell a girl it's okay to brag about something she's good at.
3. Tell a girl it isn't "yucky" to play in the mud, hold a snake, or get sweaty.
4. Tell a girl it's okay to get angry and to express it in a healthy way.
5. Tell a girl you'll assist her efforts in leadership by offering to help raise funds, driving her to and from meetings, and pitching in on letter-writing campaigns.
6. Tell a girl there is no such thing as Prince Charming and that most women will need to work most of their lives to be financially secure.
7. Tell a girl she should gather as much information as she can from many reliable sources before she makes an important decision.
8. Tell a girl it is never her responsibility to make other people feel happy, loved, or secure, and that saying no is always an option.
9. Tell a girl about the mistakes you've made and what you wish you had done differently.
10. Tell a girl to think in terms of nutrition, health, and strength and to banish the word "diet" from her vocabulary — and tell her you will do the same!
11. Ask a girl what she finds interesting and troubling in the magazines she reads.
12. Ask a girl about her favorite television shows — what roles does she see girls and boys/women and men play? What roles would she like them to play or are missing?
13. Ask a girl what she wants to be when she grows up and talk about what she can do to reach her goal.
14. Ask a girl her point of view on current events and listen actively while she tells you.
15. Ask a girl how her social life is going — is she getting support from friends, are people pressuring her about choices she makes? Listen to what she has to say without getting upset or judgmental.